General How do I change the air conditioning dehydration filter

Currently reading:
General How do I change the air conditioning dehydration filter

john55

Established member
As the title says, I have to change the dryer in the air-con system before I get it re-gassed. Anyone done this? Is there access to it without a lot of dismantling. I had a quick look but could not find where it is. I have a new one, but just need to install it.
Thanks.

Last edited:
John,
Is this the pollen filter?
If so there is a small panel just behind the centre console on the drivers footwell side. A small bolt to undo then the panel unclips and hinges off towards you.

If it's something else, sorry for butting in, LOL

John,
Is this the pollen filter?
If so there is a small panel just behind the centre console on the drivers footwell side. A small bolt to undo then the panel unclips and hinges off towards you.

If it's something else, sorry for butting in, LOL
No, it is not.
The refrigerant passes through the filter and it removes any minute traces of moisture that can cause problems. When a system has had the refrigerant leak out and been opened, to replace a faulty part, the filter should be replaced before re-gassing as it absorbs moisture from the air when the system is open and then quickly becomes saturated and useless for doing its job.

unless youre going to gas it yourself with such as the gas halfords sell the aircon bloke should be able to vacuum any moisture out
Any air-con system must be evacuated before filling if it has been opened. Those cans are for topping up only, not for refilling the system.

Does this help? i got it off elearn

drierfiltervz3.jpg

Back