Technical how can i make my sei go faster?

Currently reading:
Technical how can i make my sei go faster?

whats the best way to make a standard sei sporting go faster? its got a cat back exhaust syatem and a k&n air filter. whats the best thing to do next??

Yours an SPI or MPI?

If SPI just check all the same things you can do to a Cinq Sporting ;)

If MPI don't think there is a great deal.. athough 1242 mpi would work (y)

Loose all unnecessary weight. E.g if you dont have passengers, get rid of your back seats

AppleSei said:
Loose all unnecessary weight. E.g if you dont have passengers, get rid of your back seats

Don't need glass other than a windscreen, sound system, passenger seat.

Hell must be the only performance mod you can actually make money on by selling all the redundant stuff on the bay of E

JAFFY said:
whats the best way to make a standard sei sporting go faster? its got a cat back exhaust syatem and a k&n air filter. whats the best thing to do next??

try going down a big bloody hill it works for me!

said this before but the best tuning you can do is regular service

bloomfieldliam said:
Fit better brakes and sort out the handling.

Liam

i whole heartedly agree with this handling and stopping power are top of my list then performance gains. You wouldnt go sky diving without a parachute would you?

AppleSei said:

i personally wouldnt get rid of back seats, if you want a cheap two seater sports car buy a mazda mx5.

Losing your back seats are great, ive done over 1500miles without mine nd i wouldnt put them back, alright you really not shedding much weight but still, less passengers:D
And you wouldnt buy an MX-5, you would but a barchetta.

OZ

OZ Seicento said:
Losing your back seats are great, ive done over 1500miles without mine nd i wouldnt put them back, alright you really not shedding much weight but still, less passengers:D
And you wouldnt buy an MX-5, you would but a barchetta.

OZ

ehh no mx5 or barchetta even the biggest fiat fan would have to concede MX5s over all superiority. Watched an old top gear recently and they agreed.

vandisian said:
ehh no mx5 or barchetta even the biggest fiat fan would have to concede MX5s over all superiority. Watched an old top gear recently and they agreed.

The MX5 is boring.

Barchetta is the second best option after a classic Alfa convertible.

Oldschool said:
The MX5 is boring.

Barchetta is the second best option after a classic Alfa convertible.

a fast 2 seater small sports that looks great handles superb and is very nippy yea i can see how that would be boring.

vandisian said:
a fast 2 seater small sports that looks great handles superb and is very nippy yea i can see how that would be boring.

You haven't seen the Barchetta when I was working on it. It is very difficult to do as much to the MX5 with a reasonable amount of money spent..

I would agree that its boring - in the sence that it lacks any charisma :) however an MX5 with a Retroforza Italia reshell is a totally different story... :p

But back on topic, i too agree that braking and handling are much more important that increasing the power of the engine. With the uprated brakes / handling you will be able to use what you have much better (ie brake later, turn harder). When thats all done, then look at what can be done to the engine :)

On the engine, bin the K&N and get something that pulls in more cold air (GSR for example), better leads and plugs, enlarged throttlebody would give plenty of life too. Then you start getting into the more involved work such as engine swaps or fitting wilder cams, head work etc. From then you also really need to look into a better fuel mapping as you'll be getting to the edges of the ECU tolerances.

vandisian said:

they are not fast if you have the 1.6L, my mate Steven back in Glasgow bought a brand new MX5 1.6L from Arnold Clarks about 3 years back traded in his Mazda 323F against it, he only kept it 8 months as it was painful how slow it was, he traded it back in to Arnold Clarks plus money his way for a Saxo VTS, he did miss the MX5 for the RWD chassis as it is great, but he was alwasy wanting more power to expliot it and without spending another £2500+ on a supercharger or turbo kit it wasn't going to happen.

Bit of track tho, th girl wanted to know how to make her Sei faster!

Aaron.

Last edited:
Sorry for getting sidetracked.:worship: :worship:

Tuning mods:

Proper induction kit
Modified throttle body
Reprofile cam
Head work
Exhaust manifold + Sports cat
Remap

Back