Technical Hole to the engine

Currently reading:
Technical Hole to the engine

F4usT

I have my own title.
i need a hole from inside to engine bay for some additional wires. does anybody know where is the best place for that? there are some existing holes but are totally fitted. there will be a bunch of wires for some gauges... but first i need a hole.

i need a hole from inside to engine bay for some additional wires. does anybody know where is the best place for that? there are some existing holes but are totally fitted. there will be a bunch of wires for some gauges... but first i need a hole.

I can't really help with that. I have only used that one on the drivers side.. What gauges are installing? Is it possible to use existing wires on cabin?

My solution would be using existing wires or make that drivers side hole a little bit bigger..

I think there's a second grommet hole halfway up the firewall on the drivers left side. AFAIK the bonnet release cable and a few wire go through it. Not easy to get at: I found it when stripping out the soaking matting.

i have a plan to add oil temp, oil pressure, fuel/air ratio and voltage... now over winter barch will be in garage and will remove floor to clean and dry it out (and take care of rust to avoiding driving like Flinstones)... a have a big crack under clutch pedal that will need to fix.

i found that holes for bonnet release and other, but it's hard to reach. maybe after i remove whole dashboard (re-trimming) will see more.

thanks.

You could try another approach.

Remove the valence / grill below the windscreen where the wiper motor is. On Puntos they also fitted the alarm here as well.

You should be able to get through here. Another advantage is it is "high" and already shielded from the worst of the environment. You will of course have to make a hole from here into the engine comparment but that should not be a problem and you can choose when to make it.

Worth a look IMHO.

hm... i do not remember now, but i think only hole is between wiper motor and engine bay... there is no hole to inside, except tubes for air.

heres vide i made few weeks ago...

I'm suggesting that you could possibly make a hole from the wiper area into the cabin yourself (assuming there is not an already available route). You would of course require two holes. Engine bay to wiper area / wiper area to car inside.

The advantage of going "high" is that there are no mats etc. to block passage. If our 'B' is anything to go by then knee hieght and above is pretty well much devoid of internal mats, sound deadening matierial etc. so top access if quite good.

Last edited:
Back