Technical Hill Holder

Currently reading:
Technical Hill Holder

PedrothePunto

The Hill Holder warning light keeps coming on in my daughter's Punto - we have replaced the head coil, leads and spark plugs - it stopped for a while but is now back on!
Also replaced the lambda sensor, alternator and belt and new battery.

Any ideas what could be causing the issue?

Cheers

The Hill Holder warning light keeps coming on in my daughter's Punto - we have replaced the head coil, leads and spark plugs - it stopped for a while but is now back on!

Cheers

Hi :)

Not something I have had to deal with..

But Hill Holder implies ABS, etc
through the BODY computer

And youve swapped ENGINE control items..

Starting from Zero.. the brakeswitch often messes up the function of 'body control', etc things driven by the ABS

WHAT TRIM/ SPEC.. is this punto?

Most software seems to work well up to 2013.. I had to buy an MES Upgrade for our 63 Plate

Hi :)

Not something I have had to deal with..

But Hill Holder implies ABS, etc
through the BODY computer

And youve swapped ENGINE control items..

Starting from Zero.. the brakeswitch often messes up the function of 'body control', etc things driven by the ABS

WHAT TRIM/ SPEC.. is this punto?

Most software seems to work well up to 2013.. I had to buy an MES Upgrade for our 63 Plate
Hi

Sorry for the delay, my daughter was away! I’ve now got the V5. It’s a Fiat Punto Pop registered Nov 2014.

Cheers

Sarah

Its probably the 1242cc engine.. so not too complex :)

IF you can get the fault codes read cheaply it would be worthwhile

But..some garages charge a fortune !

Have a quick look to see if somebody on the forums MultiECUScan register is nearby
I took it to a local garage and apparently the brake switch needs replacing! It’s not expensive, £25 plus labour

Cheers

Fiat Punto Pop 2013 problem and solution!

Dashboard message saying ‘Hill Holder Unavailable’ - ‘ESP Unavailable’ - ‘Stop and Start Unavailable’.

I’m writing this because there was no definitive answer for this problem on any forum when i was trying to troubleshoot it for our car.

So one day our Fiat Punto Pop 2013 developed a consistent beep from the dashboard at start up and whilst driving. This loud beeping was accompanied by the following messages ‘Hill Holder Unavailable’ - ‘ESP Unavailable’ - ‘Stop and Start Unavailable’. We noticed that it mostly occurred at start up and when braking, but could not work out what was causing it.

I saw a few forums saying to check the brake light switch. (for those that dont know, this is a trigger like switch that sits behind the brake pedal and activates the tail lights when you press the pedal). I did some searching online and couldn’t find a clear answer as to exactly what the product code was for a replacement brake switch.

For the sake of anyone experiencing this exact issue for this model of car, the name and product code are:

VEMO Brake Light Switch

Part Number:
V24-73-0035

I purchased the part for about $50 from an auto store, and it takes literally 5 minutes to get down in the foot well of the drivers side, twist the old brake switch a half turn, unplug the cord and replace it with the new switch, and low and behold, it solved the entire problem! no beeping and no dashboard messages!

Hope this helps.

Back