Technical Hiding wire for dashcam

Currently reading:
Technical Hiding wire for dashcam

Sunday

I am going to hardwire a dash cam in my 500.

I have looked at how Halfords hard wired one in another 500 and it looks like they threaded the wire behind the LHS A pillar cover and this gave access to the glove box fuse compartment where a piggy back fuse was used.

Does this sound right? If so, how do you remove the A pillar cover safely?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
A-pillar (an A-frame is something else.. ;) ) covers are usually pressed in, so just peel back the rubber seal next to the door and it should pull out.

It has plastic knobs which clip into metal receivers, so try to pull it off straight (i.e. avoid twisting it or lifting it from one end and trying to lever it out).

Ralf S.

Okay.... then perpendicular to the plane of the pillar.

So if the pillar was lying on a flat surface with the trim facing directly upwards, then you would lift the trim directly upwards. The trim clips to the pillar along its entire length. You have to lift it away both ends at once without rotating it in any direction otherwise you may snap off one or more of the moulded lugs.

Ralf S.

When I did my wife's camera I managed without removing the trim by just pulling the rubber seal away from the door and slipping the cable behind the plastic

Back