HID Lighting

Currently reading:
HID Lighting

Rolledpolo

Hey guys n gals hows we doin?

I want to get hids put in the car (its a punto 1.4 active sport) will i meed canbus ones to cancel out any error messages? Also tried changing my sidlights and reg plate to white and getting error codes why is this? Thanks in advance.

Chrissy

Because the canbus system looks at the current draw it would expect to see with an incandescent bulb, LEDs use far less power and draw a lot less current. If canbus sees a mismatch it assumes a bulb must be faulty or blown and throws up error messages.

If your HID setup uses the same amount of power as a set of standard 55w headlight builds then all is well if not you'll get errors, and what ever the outcome without headlight washers and automatic headlight levellers HID lights are becoming an automatic MOT failure

mine failed when i put hids in:( pain in the arse to get them and and out) also failed on a sunstrip :/

because one was pointing at the sky and other at the floor and they said to take them out.... so i did. and the sunstrip went into the path of the wipers so failed that 2. took that off and the hids out and it passed... altho they did say exhaust was blowing but hopefully i have sorted that today :)

Back