500 Hi joined as problems with GF's 500 sport

Currently reading:
500 Hi joined as problems with GF's 500 sport

pitbullharry

Was on here years ago when my then wife had similar problems with 2012 1.2 Panda and now my girlfriend is having the same issues with her 2014 1.2 500 Sport.

The car goes into limp mode with CEL lit up if going over 70 sometimes on the motorway.

Pull over restart car and it is then fine. Have not been able to read if there are any stored codes yet but when Fiat tried that with the Panda they were never any stored. Problem with that car got so bad even after multiple sensors replaced she got rid of the car. The Panda experience made me vow to never have a Fiat again car was underpowered and dealers were awful the issue was the final straw

Now the same apparent thing is happening with the 500 sport (girlfriend had it when I met her). This time though I will avoid the Fiat delaer as they were hopeless always claiming there was nothing they could do unless it happened on the car when they had diagnostics plugged in. They seemed to follow the mantra of "eeny meany miney mo replace this sensor and it might go". I find it hard to imagine that the car can light up the CEL and go into limp mode and not record a fault code.

So I have purchased a lead and multiescan to see if there are any faults recorded but how do you know what management system to choose?

I have posted in the Fiat 500 forum was just posting here to introduce myself sorry if classed as double post.

I am hoping you folks can restore my faith in Fiats as the girlfriend wants to get an Abarth 500. Personally it's VAG all the way for me.

Does the engine management light come up at speed without seeming like there's anything wrong with the car?

As a common issues with a timing belt has been changed is that the garage dosnt do what's called a phonic wheel relearn
This often brings up misfire codes with out the actual misfire itself

The light comes on and the car loses power (limp home mode). She pulls over switches the car off leaves it for 30s and then restarts it and all is good again.

I have connected to the engine ECU with multiescan and no fault code recorded.

AAs a common issues with a timing belt has been changed is that the garage dosnt do what's called a phonic wheel relearn
This often brings up misfire codes with out the actual misfire itself

How do you do this in Multiescan? The timing belt was done by a fiat dealer.

Back