500L Hi All

Currently reading:
500L Hi All

Jocetay

Looking to sell my Fiat 500 lounge 2017 for parts as its been written off by insurance company. Current MOT, 47000 miles. Full list of damage to vehicle can be provided, (passenger door and slight dent to rear arch). Get in touch if this is of any interest.

Being a 500 Lounge it's probably just 'uneconomic' for the Insurance repair

My similar car was valued @£6,000 so an estimate of over £2000 in garage body shop time could write it off in their eyes

So have you actually settled and are in possession of it?

Being a 500 Lounge it's probably just 'uneconomic' for the Insurance repair

My similar car was valued @£6,000 so an estimate of over £2000 in garage body shop time could write it off in their eyes

So have you actually settled and are in possession of it?

They have offered me a pay out and another to keep and I presume scrap my little car 😞. I'm certain I could get more for it myself if I sold it to someone looking for parts, hence the reason for my post. Thought I'd try my luck.

They have offered me a pay out and another to keep and I presume scrap my little car 😞. I'm certain I could get more for it myself if I sold it to someone looking for parts, hence the reason for my post. Thought I'd try my luck.
Buy it back from them, stick a new door on and get the rear quarter done at a bodyshop for cash and you'll be quids in and still have your car.

They will offer you "close" to its market value..
You can push for more.. See what same age and model are advertised for near you... Low miles too

Option to buy back.. Certainly an option

Bear in mind it will have an insurance Category Marker, so will always have 'a history'

But you could even just fix the door and use it as your daily driver..

Feel free to ask more 🙂

They will offer you "close" to its market value..
You can push for more.. See what same age and model are advertised for near you... Low miles too

Option to buy back.. Certainly an option

Bear in mind it will have an insurance Category Marker, so will always have 'a history'

But you could even just fix the door and use it as your daily driver..

Feel free to ask more 🙂

Thank you for the advice. Options definitely worth considering. I will definitely try and get more than what they are offering as I've seen similar make, model and year with similar mileage going for a lot more than what they've offered.

Thank you for the advice. Options definitely worth considering. I will definitely try and get more than what they are offering as I've seen similar make, model and year with similar mileage going for a lot more than what they've offered.

Indeed, that is often the case 🤔

Just copy a few of those ads...

And use them in your,
'this is my replacement cost'. Conversation 😉

Back