Tuning Hgt peco exhaust

Currently reading:
Tuning Hgt peco exhaust

Custardman91

Hi all,
Has anyone fitted a peco cat back exhaust to their hgt? If so, how do they sound. Don't really care about power gains as i know it would cost a lot to get any more power from it.

Heya :) I dont know of many people that have here on FF tbh. Obviously people have fitted different types to their own HGT's, if its sound youre really after best to see if you can listen to one first? There are some boxes out there that can either be TOO LOUD or make your car sound like a Ricer lol :p although Peco have been around for a while now.
Ive got a stainless Steel Box on mine from an independant Supplier which has been welded on and sounds pretty good. People certainly know you're coming thats for sure which can be good and bad...:D
Also have you checked with your Car Insurer to see if its going to cost any extra on your policy for having the Peco?

The HGT is kinda a less popular option
Most were the 1.2 8v - 1.2 16v for mk2
Only when did the mk2b come out - was the 1.3 Diesel and 1.4 16v petrol joined in

The hgt was a top end model and few people brought them tbh
Dont get me wrong, there are some out there though, but most probably dont have aftermarket exhausts on them

Ziggy

Thanks for the replies, i've decided not to spend now. I'm currently welding it for mot and there's no way it's going to be worth getting through next year so will probably just get rid of the centre box and fit a cherry bomb for sh*ts and giggles.

Back