General HGT cambelt change

Currently reading:
General HGT cambelt change

Besty77

Hi all

First post! Im looking for a good place to get my cambelt done and a 48,000m service done. I live close to Guildford in surrey, already got a qoute from Auto Integrale but they are near Newbury...would prefer somewhere a bit closer? Can anyone help?

Cheers, Besty

dave said:
welcome :)
i dont know where newbury is so dont know if these are nearer http://www.powerfiat.co.uk/£399.00

Thanks mate, but thats even harder to get too, shame cos it looks like a good place. Anyother places anyone knows about? my local Fiat garage quoted 900all in, they are 2 mins walk from my house but the place looks like its run by monkeys :confused:

Besty77 said:
Thanks mate, but thats even harder to get too, shame cos it looks like a good place. Anyother places anyone knows about? my local Fiat garage quoted 900all in, they are 2 mins walk from my house but the place looks like its run by monkeys :confused:

geesh! i heard it was an £800 dealer job, but £900! thats eating the bloody biscuit!

try local garages, i got turned away when asking about the marea, thinking about it if its such an easy job might aswell buy an engine hoist (£130 delivered) and do it yourself

its only 70ish miles from you, up round the m25 and off at j28 and 10 mins down the a127 ur there.

or if u fancy u can go up through london? or something

its worth it they are top blokes who know there stuff

as sp33d12 (dave0 said they are top blokes, work is second to none. worth the trip any day of the week aswell. for the money you will save you will be smiling all the way home mate (y)

cant recomend them enough

Hi thanks for the replies, i went with www.auto-integrale.co.uk. The cars there as i type getting its belts and 48,000 mile service done. There parking lot is unreal, its full of Intergrales some of them full on race spec, there are loads of Fiats about including one smashed up coupe :eek: looks like it went dirty side up! They even gave me a punto to drive for the day.

ill report back and tell you all if there anygood.

Besty

Andy_sx said:
nice one mate, hope it all goes well and your happy with the service (y)

well if anyones around the Reading/Newbury area and theyve got a 20v Fiat id def recommend auto intergrale. I got a full cambelt service with all the belts, tensioners and waterpump along with a full 48,000m service for 650inc VAT and i got a brand spanking new punto for the day. It certainly seems to rev alot more cleanly past 6,500rpm.

Sadly they said my front disks were on there way out (pitted) and ive developed a squeel from the rear nearside wheel? it shuts up when i brake. is that a sticking brake pad or the wheel bearings?

cheers

besty

Back