A

ant

This morning (as some mornings),
the car is a bit jerky for the first 5-10 mins
assume til warms up a bit.

Noticible in 2nd when trying to accelerate,
lack of power and jerks.

No dash warning lights.
Having a service this weekend so hope will rectify.

Any ideas what this may be?

Looking to replace cart too as "may" be on way out, a bit rattly and blowy I think

our bravo does it in 1st gear every morning as you try to tip toe out the carpark... but wen you put it in 2nd and drive normally its fine.

Always thought it was a MAFF problem or fast running jet issue (choke)...

do you potter for some time every morning or can you get a good blast after a min or 2??

Sounds very similar to the issue I had with my 155 HGT. Very jerky when cold, although a lot smoother when warmed up, there was noticeable flat spots throughout the range. The longer I left it, the worse it got, such as popping and almost backfiring, to the point it was almost impossible to drive. My car went through a full service but it didn't sort it out.

For me it was the MAF. The car was completely transformed when I changed it. As I'm not a mechanic I'd wait until someone with a bit more know-how comments, but I thought I'd share my experience anyway!

Thank for the responses guys.

Usually its boths 1st and 2nd, but 2nd more noticibly as only in 1st very short time.
Its when it gets to about 2.5k revs and above,
well I sall above but wont get over 3-3.5k easily.
After about 5 mins/ 2 miles its ok, even tho the temp gauge has hardly moved.

Think I need a new cat too.

Shall I try unplugging the MAF and seeing if that makes no difference?

BTW, I think my keyboard may be broken with the amount of spelling mistakes in my above posts. lol :)

So..

When I got home today from work, I decided when traffic died down to disconnect the MAF and go round the block.

So engine hot from the journey home >5miles.

Maf disconnected and went for a drive.
Noticable differences-
1) The injector Light on dash lit
2) Pull off in 1st gear a bit of a struggle until 1.5k revs then ok
3) No other differences!
Same power thru rev range

So.. is my MAF screwed?

So what shall I do
A) Nothing
B) Clean it
C) See if some kind person locally with a perfect one will test it on my car before purchase
or
D) Buy one and hope it make a difference or thats a waste of ££. (unless they can be returned?!

yer id say so.if you unplug it and it runs fine then your maf has had it so ive heard ppl say.

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell..its good to be different ;)