punto.jpg

Punto (Mk1) Here's my Punto!.

Introduction

Gunna need some work done to it as it was off the road for 8 years, recently given it full new brake pipes, pads and shoes, needs a new battery, fan belt and it'll pass its MOT!

Brilliant first car if I'm honest, although the amount of people mistaking it for the 'Inbetweeners car' is unreal! (n)

56K on the clock, paid £150 cash for the car - costing me 7.5k on insurance as I'm a provisional driver... What do you think guys?
Re: Here's my Punto!

People these days, confusing a cenq with a punto, jaysus.:mad:

You should get a red passengers side door. :D

Anywho its a horrod clean example of a punto. What mods have you inmind? (y)
The red passenger door has been tossed around a lot in the college garage but I couldn't do that! I've already got a red space saver on the rear offside for now haha!

It's getting an induction kit put on before its MOT and it's already been lowered a fair amount! Window tints are an obvious must, but I won't be doing anything extreme to it until after the first year I'm afraid!

There's some more pictures guys - obviously the car needed a little bit of oil in the cylinders to free it off a bit when we first tried to start it.. That explains the smoke grenade that went off when the poor little thing taken it's first breath in 8 years!

Attachments

• IMG-20120201-00063.jpg
    IMG-20120201-00063.jpg
    428.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG-20120127-00051.jpg
    IMG-20120127-00051.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG-20120130-00059.jpg
    IMG-20120130-00059.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG-20120127-00050.jpg
    IMG-20120127-00050.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG-20120206-00071.jpg
    IMG-20120206-00071.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 40

Praying to god it goes down after I pass! Planning on making my old man the owner and myself the named driver for the first year and hopefully that'll make it all a little less pricey haha!

That's a bad idea, I had that and when I had an accident the insurance was a nightmare they almost void my insurance ild say bite the bullet for the 1st year, at least you get a years no claim at the end as well.
Alex :)

Drop a load?! Too right mate! The minute I pass my test it will be off to some dogging site with the wench to break the back seats in!

Well your only 17 and your a learner driver, so it should go down in time. once you pass the ould driving test and what not. all good things come to those who wait. (y)

Praying to god it goes down after I pass! Planning on making my old man the owner and myself the named driver for the first year and hopefully that'll make it all a little less pricey haha!

Bite the bullet, Shouldnt think it would be much more than £3k once you pass (mate passed his test and is driving a 1.0 W reg Corsa B for £2750 about 3 weeks ago and hes 17)
Once you get the first year out the way accident and speeding ticket free then you shouldnt be stung too much second year. Also gives you time to save for something a bit newer and Newer car = cheaper insurance :D

Tom

Back