Technical Help!!

Currently reading:
Technical Help!!

Fiatgirl500l

Can anyone help I was driving Fiat 500L
fine but when I slow to a stop my steering becomes to heavy to steer and I have to turn the car off and then on again to be able to move it and again it’s fine until I stop then same thing happens! Could it be my battery as the battery light is now flashing on the off tia

It could indeed. See if you can get it tested. Batteries do tend just to die at anything over 3 years old. Its more likely this than something sinister. You may stary by checking the terminals are clean and tight. Check your main eath lead from the battery to body / engine and engine / gearbox to body are in good order. Its also possible that your alternator / its connections may be at fault The alternator belt is recommended to be changed periodically too. Steering is ptobably the biggest electricity consumer on your car so its the first thing to play up when power is down.

Battery light flashing usually indicates a charge system fault - could start by checking the earth connections to make sure, but its likely you could need a replacement alternator - there should be a code set for that so scan the car and see what it tells you

Back