Help with upgrade

Currently reading:
Help with upgrade

scottttyyyy

Hello

Recently got a Fiat Stilo 52reg, Dynamic with the factory fit radio/cassette. Looking to upgrade to a CD player, and would really appreciate some help.

3 options I have -

Purchase the cd changer which seems quite easy to get for approx £150 with the glovebox compartment.

Purchase the standard radio/cd which would be a straight swap with the present one, although seems quite hard to get my hands on, one price of £175.

Or my preffered choice, an aftermarket CD player.

Im kinda forgetting the 2nd option as it seems to be the priciest, but would appreciate someone confirming what I would need for the last option. Id only be looking for a standard cd player with usb, wouldnt be changing the speakers etc. I know Id need the facia which is about £10, but would i need any adaptor if fitting a Pioneer/Sony or similar? And is this easy enough to do on my own? some noob with no experience of fitting car audio....The stereo Ill prob go for is the Sony CDX-GT410U which seems pretty much what I need.

Thanks (apologies for the possible unclear post)

For the third option as you say you will need a fascia, the stilo is standard iso so you wont need any adaptor cables. Provided you haven't got the bluetooth stereo option it will go in fine. If you have you'll lose the bluetooth, However a blaupunkt stereo MAY be compatable.

You will require u shape stereo removal tools, and an iso aerial adaptor (included with sony stereos) both available from halfrauds for about £4 each.

Stereos can sometimes be awkward to get out if so don't be afraid to stick a flat screwdriver in either side to lever it out (opening upper glovebox aids access to left side)

Back