help with t-cut on ghost letters

Currently reading:
help with t-cut on ghost letters

mcjacko1987

Proof it cn be done cheep
i debadged my car the other day.iv tryed t-cutting today and without any results.dont no if im doing it right.i washed the car and dryed.i aplied t-cut on the ghost letters and was rubbing for 10mins.let to dry for 5mins and then rubbed over with a diffrent cloth.but still got ghost letters.how much t-cut am i ment to applie and how long should i rub it in for?and do i need to do this method several times over?iv got standerd t-cut in a red bottle but my cars metalic.is there a metalic t-cut available and would this work better? any help would be apreciated i realy need to get rid of these ghost letters.

right iv been tryin doin a bit more and now on the spot i was doing it theres now a dirty patch come up.quite blacky gray clour.the rag goes black on every new part of rag when i wipe it.now i fear the paint is coming off.i hope this is not happening.anybody no what this is?or is it just old wax coming off?hellllllllp!!!!!!
but there is no change in dept or anything.now it looks a bit ov a mess.i was t-cuttin about a square foot.but the gray patch only come up on the corner off the ghost letters and is aprox 2square inch

if you still have sticker residue, try autoglym TAR remover

worked on mine ;)

you need to put a bit of pressure into your rubbing with a soft cloth
i have got rid of all the glue.i tried t-cutting with a bit of pressure and it has left a ugly gray patch that leavs black marks on cloth.worried i have used 2 much pressure and gone threw the paint.i just hope its wax :confused::confused:

its been a good few weeks now and the gray patch and ghost letters are still there. its been washed a few times since but no change. i realised the tcut i used wasnt metalic. could this have caused the mess?

yea mate there is t cut metallic and t cut normal... i have no idea if that would have caused it so i'm not going to pretend i know what i'm on about :).

this is the only pic on my computer.iv put a ring around where the gost lettering is. il get some more pics tomorow

Attachments

• ghost.JPG
    ghost.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 26
Looks like the colour has faded over the years, leaving factory fresh paint under the bumper and sun eaten paint everywhere else.

Polishing will help slightly by removing any remaining glue and marks but wont do a great deal to the colour as you are polishing the lacquer clear coat, not the colour coat.

Theres not really a great deal you can do, although a good polish and wax will give it a deep shine which will most likely cover it nicely.

Last edited:
Back