Technical Help with starting please?

Currently reading:
Technical Help with starting please?

pdamcdonnell

Hi everyone.
Like most joining the forum, "i have a problem", and its not with a rocket.

I have a seicento that has sat idle in the garage for five years due to the auto gear problem. I have now charged up the battery. Which is fine and have jump leads over to start. However everything is good apart from starting, the key thingy alarms and goes out, but when you turn the key to the start position the motor does not turn. Any ideas please

does the motor make any noises when you turn the key?
and do you mean the car is automatic?

Hi

Five years is a long time.
Suggest you need to remove the spark plugs and spray a can of WD40 into cylinders, leave 48 hours and pour in table spoon of 3 in one oil, leave another 48 hours.
Then try and turn engine over by hand as David suggests...
I'd pour a gallon or petrol cut with 10% of keresine, into tank and not switch on the ignition leave 48 hours. and syphon out the sludge, replace with gallon with 2% of kersine an replace the fuel filter and try the ignition.
It may be bests to pull the petrol injector and leave it in neat keresine for 48 hours.
When you have done all this, then replace the oil and filter, adding a hydraulic tappet cleaner/noise reducer, run the engine on the starter without plugs until you get the oil light to go out, then replace the spark plugs.

Noel

Last edited:
Back