General Help with newly bought car.

Currently reading:
General Help with newly bought car.

neal7

Hi all, I have recently bought a grande punto 06 plate from a garage. after test driving it it seemed fine so went ahead with purchase. Just after some info before taking it back to see if they will sort it. Most of the time when I go to start the engine when I turn the key the engine will start fine and I see the temp gauge go right up to max the go all the way back down to min. When it hits min the engine dies and happens about 3-4 times then will be fine. Also the gears are fine whilst stationary but when on the move gears can be very hard at times to get in, and just before I need to change gear the car makes abit of a rattiling noise, don't make the noise when got foot on clutch it rattles just before I need to change gear. just wondering if any1 can think what it could be as don't want to take it back an get fobbed of if he says oh its just this or that it will sort itself out! any help would be great!

I agree, take it back but don't loose faith in the car; it's 8years old and things are bound to go wrong. Hopefully it'll be something minor and easily sorted.

Back