General Help With New Speakers

Currently reading:
General Help With New Speakers

hi again, i asked the seller if these speakers would be a straight swap, he said i may need to buy the adaptors that he's selling, do i don't know if he's being honest or if he's trying to make more money lol, does anybody know if they will fit (link on first post) on a 2004 punto, to replace the door speakers.

thanks again!

the speakers will go to the same "volume" as the standard speakers on the HU but sound slightly better. however when used at high volumes you will still get distortion. thats because the HU amp isnt powerful enough.

the HU might be 4 x 50 watt but thats the max power. on average it will only be 17 - 20 watts output so with say 100 watt speakers these are seriuously underpowered and will distort.

the best sound will be from an amp with the same RMS value as the rating of the speakers. this will mean the speakers are not underpowered.

hope this helps

from the speaker data thread in the ICE section

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

punto mk2.5 - same as mk2 , but would like to add

16.5cm standard fit in front, can squeeze 17cm but may need tweeking

17cm can easily be fitted with speaker pods, these also help with mounting depth issues http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/sho...4&product=1266

rear 10cm , but i had to screw my infinity kappa from undereath as they didnt fit in the recess

They should fit, the magnets look about the same size as the Infinity ones I used to have in my Punto (Pics in classifieds) and they easily fitted into the standard speaker position (y) But the standard speaker cover will not fit over the tweeter so you'll have to leave it off (which looks a bit messy as you will see if/when you do it).

Hi, pioneer now make a component set including tweeters that swap straight over its the TS-H1704 its £49

Back