Technical Help with ESP & ASR -fault !? C1101 & C1117

Currently reading:
Technical Help with ESP & ASR -fault !? C1101 & C1117

GhostSpider

Hi,

Hope You could help me with this matter.
I'm constantly getting an ESP fail & ASR -failure while starting the car. ( No ABS -failure )
Car it self starts very well and runs like a charm but those faults keep blinking...

Fault codes which car is given are:

- C1101 CAN -error (NAC)
- C1117 Steering angle sensor

I've been spending hours and hours searching the fix from internet but no success.
-New battery
-Cleaned the fuse-box and all the fuses
-Cleaned D4-connector
-Checking out and cleaning the brake switch and it seems to be working ( brake lights work OK )

I also found some comments that this ESP & ASR-failure can be caused because of some problems with Air Condition...but this sounds weird??
I found that some one had this problem fixed by adding more "liquid" to AC but for me... like told before ...weird.

Any other ideas where to find the fix??

How can I calibrate or change the steering angle sensor and where is it?
Can this cause also the ASR & ESP-failure?

Could this be caused of fault ABS-sensor and how to solve is it rear or front and right or left ?

C1101 is a "Hydraulic valve circuit" error in Fiat terminology.

It seems that it can occur when you have a power steering issue, which is interesting since C1117 hints (amongst other possible causes) at a power steering pressure switch malfunction.

I would have a look at anything electrical between the steering column and the steering rack at the back/bottom of the engine bay.. but I've never had any problems with electrical power steering, so I can't tell you what precisely to check or look for.

Ralf S.

C1101 is a "Hydraulic valve circuit" error in Fiat terminology.

It seems that it can occur when you have a power steering issue, which is interesting since C1117 hints (amongst other possible causes) at a power steering pressure switch malfunction.

I would have a look at anything electrical between the steering column and the steering rack at the back/bottom of the engine bay.. but I've never had any problems with electrical power steering, so I can't tell you what precisely to check or look for.

Ralf S.
Hi,

And thank You for reply. I'm totally stuck with these faults.
Power steering is working properly, no issues with that. But might the faulty pressure switch cause these fault-codes?
I have searching around different forums to find the solution and one which still needs to be tested is calibrate the steering angle sensor.
Someone told that his car had this problem and car "thought that steering was all the time 340-degree" and this caused the ESP/ASR-failure.

Where can I find that power steering pressure switch to check it out?

The steering is a "black box" with the wheel on one end and the steering rod that connects to the rack on the other.. so I suspect that the pressure switch must be somewhere inside the black box.. under the shroud. It will have an electrical plug on it though, so if you remove the shroud covers and ignore anything that looks related to the ignition switch, then that will help you home in on it.

It could also be something in the circuit. I don't have my handbook but there ought to be a fuse for the power-steering, and possibly some relay (?) and that could be loose/dickey... as a long shot.

Ralf S.

I suggest to buy Multiecuscan and right obd-cables for it. Then look inside each can-module for error-codes and then reset those. It might be abs-sensor etc. that mess up with can-communication. Check good ground contacts for body and motor. Then multimetering can-lines...

Back