General Help ! Right indicators only work when high beam headlights on

Currently reading:
General Help ! Right indicators only work when high beam headlights on

mrnolegs

Can anyone help! My right indicators only come on when I switch on high beam headlights. Otherwise they are dead. Hazard lights come on both sides though.
My fiat is a Punto 1.2 active 2004. Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Many thanks

It is! I’ve cleaned all rear lights cluster connections so think it’s not an earth problem. Read on here that you can spray electric connector cleaner somewhere onto the steering wheel switch unit but not sure how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks

This is interessting, got an Fiat Doblo 1999 at work that only turns on the right indicators when highbeam headlight is on ? I havent worked on it but I know they have tested 2 diffrent turn signal stalk/switch (the one you move to use left/right turn signal, one of them was from a Fiat punto and was the same as doblo). And that dident change anything.

I found on there is 2 Flash relay in the BCM so a guy at work took it to his friend and tested the relays but they said they was ok.(https://youtu.be/x_F_4xG_4sI)

Does the turn idicators go past the Warning flasher button? Thinking if that could make this problem some how? Feels like there is missing ground or positive somewhere :/

Last edited:
This is interessting, got an Fiat Doblo 1999 at work that only turns on the right indicators when highbeam headlight is on �� I havent worked on it but I know they have tested 2 diffrent turn signal stalk/switch (the one you move to use left/right turn signal, one of them was from a Fiat punto and was the same as doblo). And that dident change anything.

I found on there is 2 Flash relay in the BCM so a guy at work took it to his friend and tested the relays but they said they was ok.(https://youtu.be/x_F_4xG_4sI)

Does the turn idicators go past the Warning flasher button? Thinking if that could make this problem some how? Feels like there is missing ground or positive somewhere :/

The punto wiring diagram shows both right indicator and high beam and low beam both have the same Earth connection at the stalk switch. The lights are triggered inside the body computer by connecting to earth at the switch.

I suppose first thing is to test the right indicator will trigger via the switch wiring connector when grounded to the available Earth. The indicator wires are purple black (left?) and purple white (right?). If the right indicator is not triggering correctly via the wiring connector I suppose the fault is in the body computer. The wiring diagram only shows wires for hazard lights and separately for indicators going to the body computer.

I suppose also it might be possible to fault find if you can see the left indicator is high positive when not used and so the right should be high positive also when not used- it must be like that? or earth connection could cause no change? if you trace the wiring you would then at least be able to find the resistor in the body computer that causes the high voltage. Right indicator enters the body computer at plug D connector 7 or potentially at F 30 if it its the purple black wire.

Disclaimer I barely know what I am talking about.

Last edited:
Back