General Help required!! Jammed Head Unit

Currently reading:
General Help required!! Jammed Head Unit

regibhoy

HI guys (n Girls) looking for some help if anyone can do so, tried to remove factory HU and i put keys in the wrong way, retention pin on left snapped and now the HU is stuck and cant move more than 1.5inches out, tried allsorts to get HU out but finally gave up after an hour and a half, if anyone got any tips to release PLEASE let me know cause got a Kenwood DD sitting waiting to be fitted.
Thanks folks

HI guys (n Girls) looking for some help if anyone can do so, tried to remove factory HU and i put keys in the wrong way, retention pin on left snapped and now the HU is stuck and cant move more than 1.5inches out, tried allsorts to get HU out but finally gave up after an hour and a half, if anyone got any tips to release PLEASE let me know cause got a Kenwood DD sitting waiting to be fitted.
Thanks folks

you will more then likely have to do what my friend did and take the dash apart around the HU.. since the same happened to him.

Sounds like a nightmare! i wanted to change mine for better sound quality but i like the hands free kit thats built into the controls.

Cheers for the response guys think I am well and truly fecked, going down to a little audio place in the west end the dude in there has a set of "approved" keys and he's going to try remove it, so fingers crossed

Cheers for the response guys think I am well and truly fecked, going down to a little audio place in the west end the dude in there has a set of "approved" keys and he's going to try remove it, so fingers crossed

If retaining tags are bent the correct tool will be of no help, I made up a tool to get the unit out without removing half the dash.

Proper removal keys were no use as suspected!!!! So mate how did you manage it? What kinda tool? any details would be a major help, already made some slight marks on the dash and don't wanna damage any further

Back