Technical Help regarding Crunching?grinding Noise

Currently reading:
Technical Help regarding Crunching?grinding Noise

mrplumberrochdale

Hello, Recently iv started to develop a crucnhing/grinding noise when applying my Brakes , On my last Car a renault Clio i had the exact problem (same sounds when applying brakes ) It turned out to be a ABS sensor, I removed the sensor from the wheel and wierd as it happens it sorted it the problem out, No crunching or grinding noise... Anyway back to the point , My fiat is doing the exact thing but also when im braking to turn a corner its as though there is other scraping/grinding noise like another sensor maybe kicking in or whether it may still be the ABS .... Any advice is welcome... are they linked... does anyone have any pics of where the abs sensor is on the wheel ?? searched forum to no avail.... Thanks in advance

Hello, Recently iv started to develop a crucnhing/grinding noise when applying my Brakes , On my last Car a renault Clio i had the exact problem (same sounds when applying brakes ) It turned out to be a ABS sensor, I removed the sensor from the wheel and wierd as it happens it sorted it the problem out, No crunching or grinding noise... Anyway back to the point , My fiat is doing the exact thing but also when im braking to turn a corner its as though there is other scraping/grinding noise like another sensor maybe kicking in or whether it may still be the ABS .... Any advice is welcome... are they linked... does anyone have any pics of where the abs sensor is on the wheel ?? searched forum to no avail.... Thanks in advance

I had a grinding/scraping noise only when I turned a left corner, it turned out to be a stone stuck in between the heatshield and disc. I took all wheels off and bent the heat shields out a bit and all was fine after that. I hope yours is a simple fix like mine!

Back