Technical Help,pls... Stilo Abarth Selespeed.

Currently reading:
Technical Help,pls... Stilo Abarth Selespeed.

RJAG

- Recently bought a Stilo Abarth Selespeed with a damaged CSC (Inside gearbox), i've changed the CSC but not the sensor because i can't find it anywhere in Switzerland.

- I called a friend with a scanner that works with fiat cars, to bleed the system and perform the EOL calibration because the car lost all fluid from the selespeed reservoir trough the CSC, and i had to remove everything to get the gearbox out and perform the repair, so i need to perform those procedures above so everything works again. But somehow we cant't perform the procedures because the selespeed don't work when the key it's in MAR, but it works when i open the door with the key off :), and then we realized that my brake light switch was broken ( the brake lights stay always open/ circuit open), he told me to replace the switch because the selespeed need it in order to work, don't know if that's true but i give it a try.

- I bought the switch already and comes tomorrow, so i went to remove the damaged switch and saw one plug disconnected near the brake switch and i don't know where it belongs, i don't know if this comes like this or somebody messed with it. Please Stilo Abarth Selespeed owners, can you tell me if the car comes like this or it was messed by someone, photo attached below.

- The other thing really strange is that i can push the car and move it, but since i bought the car it's stuck in first gear (manual and auto), and i can't put it in neutral in order to start it.

- Using my scanner it the only errors that appear are P1770 (No accelerator pedal information, No Transmission, Intermittent) maybe some issue with the plug laying around on the pedals (no clue), P1743 (Clutch stroke sensor, Signal implausible, intermittent). Before installing the clutch stroke sensor i cleaned it with electrical spray to remove the gunk inside it. Can the Selespeed "work" (at least click) with a damaged sensor or just it shuts down until the sensor is replaced? I really don't want to drop the gearbox again over a sensor :), but if needs it, we do it again, S*** HAPPEN.
Thank you in advance for helping me.

RJ

Attachments

• IMG_5520.JPG
    IMG_5520.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_5535.JPG
    IMG_5535.JPG
    666.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_5536.JPG
    IMG_5536.JPG
    594 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I would love to wave a wand, and magically come up with an answer.

Whilst I am a great fan of modern automatics, I wouldn't touch a selespeed with the proverbial barge pole. Hence I bought a manual just cos it's nowhere near the issues/problems of the automatic. Not sure who or if there's anyone on here who knows more ?. Maybe (assuming it's the same box) an Alfa enthusiasts site or Lancia, could have some idea.

Lastly if there was a bent/broken Abarth for sale that had a good working box, that would be an option ?

I would love to wave a wand, and magically come up with an answer.

Whilst I am a great fan of modern automatics, I wouldn't touch a selespeed with the proverbial barge pole. Hence I bought a manual just cos it's nowhere near the issues/problems of the automatic. Not sure who or if there's anyone on here who knows more ?. Maybe (assuming it's the same box) an Alfa enthusiasts site or Lancia, could have some idea.

Lastly if there was a bent/broken Abarth for sale that had a good working box, that would be an option ?
Hi Maxcaddy

I've replaced everything on the gear box, selespeed it's working (pump running when i open the door, good pressure on the system above 40 below 55) the thing is that, someone messed with the brake light switch ( it's inverted, like brake pedal depressed lights comes on, and when you press the pedal lights go out. Easy fix.) Just bought a license for MES and now i'm waiting for the ELM cable and adapters to work with the car. I will bleed the system and calibrate so it can work again. I've deleted all the DTCs (with my normal scanner) and they don't show up anymore.
Going to update as soon as i have the cables.
Thank you for replying and wish you a nice weekend.

RJ

Back