Technical Help Please!

Currently reading:
Technical Help Please!

mrssnow

Hi guys

I'm not very mechanical - but when i left work tonight the gearstick seemed a bit stiff and it was difficult to get into gear. Anyways - stopped at shop on way home - then nothing - it wouldn't go into any gear at all - just couldn't move it - have left it in shop car park until tomorrow.

It's a 1998 Brava and yep it's done 110K - but runs lovely - or did!!

Have i lost my gearbox?? - it's probably more than the car is worth to fit a new one...so is the scrapheap beckoning??

Any advice please

Chrissie..xx

u my have air in the system check the slave cylinder for leaks.

Thanks Chris....not exactly sure what that is or where to find it - sorry dense woman here....can you explain a bit more exactly what i should ( or the nice man at work who i'm gonna flutter my eyelashes at tomorrow) needs to look for??

Thanks again
Chrissie..xx

Hi Mrssnow, when you flutter your eye lids tell him it's under the battery tray on the passenger side of the engine compartment. Right on top of the gearbox. It is a small cylinder type thing attached to an arm. There will be a rubber seal at the end the arm is. Hopefully in your case there will be alot of fluid over the top of the gearbox. Whilst he is there get him to check the ball joint linkages as one of them may have come off. They in roughly the same place but slightly towards the rear. Wiggle the gear lever for him and he will see them. Good luck.

Thanks for all the replies peeps..... lovely man at work knew exactly what a slave cylinder was and where to find it..lol - he has now fixed the clutch problem and my pride and joy is again getting me from A to B.. happy days...

thanks again
Chrissie..xx

Back