Technical help please!

Currently reading:
Technical help please!

suzie1c

Hi ive just had my sicento fail its M.O.T on exhaust emmisions as they are extreamly high, and i was just wondering if any one has had the same propblem or knows what it may be that is causing this.

Thanks Suzanne

cheers guys! any idea how much these sensors are? and are they easy to fit also is it worth putting fuel injector cleaner in and thrashing it.
suzanne

cheers guys! any idea how much these sensors are? and are they easy to fit also is it worth putting fuel injector cleaner in and thrashing it.
suzanne

Lambda costs £50 + IIRC, MAP I think is a tad cheaper.

Worth putting fuel injector cleaner in, although I doubt it'd sort your emissions out properly.

Alternatively (and a bit less likely) your cat could need cjanging (which would be expensive)

cheers chaos(y) , sorry to bother you but me being a newbie and a girl i dont know what i am doing, and where could a get one from then thanks again suzanne

Stop, relax, and then....

There is no point buying all the sensors on the engine and hoping. Do you have the actual results from the fail slip?

Post them up and someone will interpret them for you.

If not, get the car checked by someone with a code reader so the actual cause can be found.

Cheers

D

lol i wasnt planning on getting them before ive had it checked out i just wanted a rough idea of how much things cost and what type of things could cause this problem cheers suzanne

Back