Technical Help Please, Stilo relay/ECU 71736005 where does it live.

Currently reading:
Technical Help Please, Stilo relay/ECU 71736005 where does it live.

Muppet1

Springer Mad!!
Can anybody please help and tell me where this climate control ECU/Relay 71736005 is mounted in the car, I have practically disassembled the dash around the climate control/glovebox steering column this afternoon and just cannot find said ECU/relay.

If you can tell me where it is I would be most grateful. Thanks.

Please see the diagram. It s at no 8

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230116_114113.jpg
    Screenshot_20230116_114113.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 104
Right so as I haven't had a reply to say where this sodding ECU is and having spent a couple of cold weeks without a heater, Can I just wire the fan up to a switch and if so which wires do I use. I can't go another week with no heat.

So I have taken the Fan out which I suspect is the problem, The circuit board is not very clean and I am reasonably sure the fan is knackered as I attempted to power it directly from the battery to the 2 outer terminals on the plug and nothing.
So the next question is that it's a Siemens fan 77370137 which appears to be a bit of a pain to get hold of but I have seen a post which says the later Denso ones are better and fit.
If so what would be the part number for it please, Anyone know??

This is my pcb, pretty dirty and knackered I would say. Can I clean it with anything?

Attachments

• IMG_20230122_203240.jpg
    IMG_20230122_203240.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 65
Think it's just dirty and nearly 20 years old. Found a used one which I have ordered so will try that.

So I fitted the 2nd hand fan and it worked for all of 30 seconds then cut out.

Would the control panel be knackered do we think.

And I see there is that Relay ecu 71736005 on ebay for an early 02 still so its a part that fits one but I have yet to find where its location is in the car so any advice on that would be good.
Although feels like I am talking to myself nowadays on here.

Yes, it was a useful Thread thank you, but I can not find any mention of this ECU/Relay anywhere. And that's the annoying thing because on the bravo its on the drivers side of the heater box. I have seen a picture of it, However, I can not see a picture of the ecu anywhere in regards the Stilo.

And in typical Stilo fashion, Did a climate reset this morning and started the car and we have a working Fan!!!

Well I have changed the fan and have looked for this part and I just can't see it anywhere, I have only found one picture of the relay on a Bravo heater unit and it's plain to see, Not on the still it's not.
And I can't really see any mention of it in many posts either.

Hmmmm. Puzzling.

Well we can try and rule out that your vehicle does or does not have this part. You will need to use the ePER on this site and enter your VIN. Alternatively you can PM me your VIN and I'll look on my later version of ePER.

I suspect this part will be listed but as to where Fiat put it is what you/we are interested in.

I do have the official Stilo eLearn. Not sure if that would reveal the location. I don't have that eLearn currently installed on my PC and would prefer not to as for me it is legacy and would take up precious space on my PC.

Let's see what emerges with waht we have already gathered.

Hmmmm. Puzzling.

Well we can try and rule out that your vehicle does or does not have this part. You will need to use the ePER on this site and enter your VIN. Alternatively you can PM me your VIN and I'll look on my later version of ePER.

I suspect this part will be listed but as to where Fiat put it is what you/we are interested in.

I do have the official Stilo eLearn. Not sure if that would reveal the location. I don't have that eLearn currently installed on my PC and would prefer not to as for me it is legacy and would take up precious space on my PC.

Let's see what emerges with waht we have already gathered.
Sorry for the late reply, I did use eper on this site and Davern? also I think came up with the part no for the ECU.

Its just where it is or isn't is the question and I am wondering if it is actually in the car as I can't see it.

ZFA19200000412466 Its an earlyish car.

Back