Technical help please lucas epic pump wiring harness

Currently reading:
Technical help please lucas epic pump wiring harness

SmiffDaMista

the plug that connects to my lucas epic pump is broken , i think one of the wires in it has split, ive had it held up a little tighter with cable ties and it works, can anyone tell me where i can get the wiring harness from , thankyou.

the plug that connects to my lucas epic pump is broken , i think one of the wires in it has split, ive had it held up a little tighter with cable ties and it works, can anyone tell me where i can get the wiring harness from , thankyou.
I only had one 03 Doblo non turbo van with that pump and swore I wouldn't get another, so I didn't keep the paper work I had on it. This website if you haven't seen it may give some detail .( .)
I recall the issue with mine was air getting into the pump as due to it being non turbo it used the Epic high pressure pump to suck fuel from the tank instead of a low pressure pump, mine was sucking air from the plastic fuel pipe connector just after the tank, I repaired with rubber fuel pipe as Fiat wanted £200 at the time for the complete flow and return set up.
Can you or Auto electrician just replace the damaged section of wireing?

I only had one 03 Doblo non turbo van with that pump and swore I wouldn't get another, so I didn't keep the paper work I had on it. This website if you haven't seen it may give some detail .( .)
I recall the issue with mine was air getting into the pump as due to it being non turbo it used the Epic high pressure pump to suck fuel from the tank instead of a low pressure pump, mine was sucking air from the plastic fuel pipe connector just after the tank, I repaired with rubber fuel pipe as Fiat wanted £200 at the time for the complete flow and return set up.
Can you or Auto electrician just replace the damaged section of wireing?

This is my next quest, to try and figure out which wire it is ? It runs perfectly when its held in a specific place, this is why i presume it is one of the wires that goes to the plug for the lucas unit ! , its been a bloody nightmare to diagnose in the first place lol, i did alsorts before my cable tie trick worked,and i mean allsorts ,i love the old girl im not quite ready to give up ,any hints on how to diagnose which wire is the culprit,other than visible damage , appreciate your time :)

Last edited:
This is my next quest, to try and figure out which wire it is ? It runs perfectly when its held in a specific place, this is why i presume it is one of the wires that goes toi the plug for the lucas unit ! , its been a bloody nightmare to diagnose in the first place lol, i did alsorts before my cable tie trick worked,and i mean allsorts ,i love the old girl im not quite ready to give up ,any hints on how to diagnose which wire is the culprit,other thean visible damage , appreciate your time :)
Other than probing wires and checking for continuity with an Ohm meter (when car safely switched off and maybe plug disconnected)
I do sometimes use a Automotive cable tracker by US.Pro ( basically a signal tone generator and a test probe you run along the wire to find the break/fault) Last time I used it was to track a wiring loom fault on the ABS sensor loom under the bonnet of a 4x4 Skoda after buying the genuine part £65 odd which everyone said was where it broke, but in fact the fault was much further in, it took ages to locate but I don't like to be beaten.
Italian wiring can corrode in the loom and only show when you pull the plastic covering and it just stretches, I have had that just outside the ECU plug on daughters Grande Punto and also on Iveco Daily brake indicators along the chassis.

A man of my own heart im not to keen on been beat either lol, honestly the list i went through before diagnosing this was unreal lol, thanks for your advice, i will definitely have a go at finding the culprit . I have noticed a clear kink in one of the thinner cables to the plug, that is where i shall start, thanks again .

Back