Help needed blue & me Fiat 500

Currently reading:
Help needed blue & me Fiat 500

You need to tell us what the problem is? if it needs repairing there are loads of folk who do repairs google fiat blue and me repairs and see what comes up!

Electric check states issue with Blue & me unit, flashing mileage, steering wheel controls not working and drain on battery.
Local garage states only dealership can fix/program issue which almost costs half the price I have paid for car. Looking for someone local to help with removal and reconditioning of blue and me unit.

Electric check states issue with Blue & me unit, flashing mileage, steering wheel controls not working and drain on battery.
Local garage states only dealership can fix/program issue which almost costs half the price I have paid for car. Looking for someone local to help with removal and reconditioning of blue and me unit.
People tend not to go out and do car DIY? work for other folk, anything goes wrong they get the blame.

Your flashing mileage and blue and me not working is a very common problem, a garage should be able to remove the unit for you and they would be fully insured to do.

You then send the unit off to one of the dozen or so companies advertising to fix it, then you get your garage to put it back in, I am assuming you don't plan on removing it yourself, given you're asking on here for someone to come and remove it for you. its actually not all that hard to do and would probably save you a fortune on getting a garage to do it. There shouldn't be any need to go to the main dealer to have anything done.

As a forum it is not a place you can just turn up and expect someone to come out and fix your car for you.

I in no way expect someone to come and do car DIY, I am looking for a local garage to help with the issue. The garage that traced the fault said only the dealership can fix the issue, the cost of which is almost 1k and not feasible. I read on this forum garages can remove the unit and it can be send for refurb that is what I am looking for. I am unable to message users directly that have completed this service.

I in no way expect someone to come and do car DIY, I am looking for a local garage to help with the issue. The garage that traced the fault said only the dealership can fix the issue, the cost of which is almost 1k and not feasible. I read on this forum garages can remove the unit and it can be send for refurb that is what I am looking for. I am unable to message users directly that have completed this service.

You just need to unplug the B&M module that will stop the battery drain then send the B&M away to get repaired which costs approximately £100 however unfortunately access to the module in a Fiat 500 is terrible it's behind the panel in the rear passenger compartment opposite the driver's seat I think.

There's a video on YouTube by one of the members on here removing it but it's not an easy job to do, can't remember the guy's user name but he's a bit of an expert on 500 repairs, bodywork mainly I think, someone will be along with his details/videos hopefully.

Hope that helps.

You need the right tools and a degree of mechanical ability to get to the unit! if you dont have that then do not try to do it yourself you will either break something else or get stuck at some point!.
You do not need a main fiat dealer- ANY small independent local garage will be able to get the unit out however as they charge at least £100 per hour labour its going to cost you!.
I would estimate an hour to get it out, another hour and a half to put it back in and test it and the cost of the repair so you would need to budget around £350 or so to do this!, therefore it might be more cost effective to fit a more up to date head unit with the features you want/need! however the old blue &me unit will still need to be disconnected so you need to factor that into the costs!.

Back