help my brava is knackered

Currently reading:
help my brava is knackered

L

lee

my 1.4 12v brava has had a new cam shaft and head gasket as it was misfiring. it ran ok once put back together but next day wouldnt start. it is cranking over but isnt firing. have tested coil pack to which there is power initially but after cranking over the centre wire reads eatrh. i put power to the centre wire and it fired and started. i then went back to it a few hours later, still ok, but when i cranked it over next day same old problem, will not fire. i have tested the crank sensor which is ok, tried resetting codes with red key, have disconnected battery and left it then tried again still nothing. anyone got any ideas as to what i should try next. i was wondering if a relay in the coil pack may be the problem but if it is dont know how to get to it. looking forward to your reply thanks lee.

There is no relay in the coil pack. The red key does not reset the fault codes either, the red key programs new keys and thats about it.

How did you test the crank sensor? Do you have a scope?

My guess would be its a wiring issue.

tested crank sensor with a multi meter. wiring could be the cause but where do i start!?

I'd check it with a scope. Multimeters are no good at testing things like that.

The coil is fed from the igition relay, but that also feeds the ECU.