Help inidicators of Grande Punto Active Sport

Currently reading:
Help inidicators of Grande Punto Active Sport

neworleansfiat

Hi I new on here anyhow, I have a Grande Punto Active Sport reg 09, when Im on a motorway and change lane I put the right indicator on change lane when I go to turn off the indicator the left one starts flashing all by itself then the right indicator flashes by itself (its like the hazards are on) found this has happened twice now its getting a bit dangerous can anyone tell me whats wrong. thanks

these cars have a weird and wonderful setup the steering column is the main hub for all lights ,indicaters, wipers etc, now i had a problem with the right indicator and found that moving the steering wheel in and out and up and down it seemed to reseat all the connections with the componetnts.also i was parking the car and had to do a lot of wheel turning and for some unknown reason my headlights came on and wouldnt go off until i restarted the car and moved the steering wheel again.But as your car is new it must go back to the dealer first ok .

Hi I new on here anyhow, I have a Grande Punto Active Sport reg 09, when Im on a motorway and change lane I put the right indicator on change lane when I go to turn off the indicator the left one starts flashing all by itself then the right indicator flashes by itself (its like the hazards are on) found this has happened twice now its getting a bit dangerous can anyone tell me whats wrong. thanks

I think what you are doing is trying to cancel the lane change indicator.

When changing lanes a half click on the stalk puts the indicator on for three flashes only, then switches off. If you try and cancel that it will flash three times to the right, which you then try and cancel which puts the other indicator on again.

A full click on the stalk takes you to the properly 'on' position, in either direction.

But I could always be wrong.

Cheers

SPD

There has been a flash update for the body computer for this problem for a month via examiner web. The problem was due to a bounce from the switch which was reactivating the lane change function, the software has changed the switch function to have a signal for a set period of time so the bounce does not activate the lane change. This software completely eliminates this problem.

Back