General Help Help Help

Currently reading:
General Help Help Help

bluebahog

can someone, tell me, what to do????
my cinquecento, doesnt start!!! with any of, the keys(red&blue)!!!
the code light ,doesnt come on... the ,only thing on ,is the hand break, the battery, the injection and, the oil one...
i ,dont know what, to do
is there anyone, out there?????
thanks in advance

it tries to fire, but doesn't start

yes, the headlights work. i dont have any history of the car, apart from a MOT in January without any faults.

check just at the back of the battery there is a small fuse box with four maxi fues the cover will tell you which one is the e.f.i fuse that is a common fault on those

i already did that it didnt start

Already did what?

I'm saying, try and start it. Immediately after it doesn't start, pull the plugs (number them 1 - 4 fromthe driver's side). Tell us, are they wet or dry?

What you have could be a million and one things. I'm trying to take you through things which will help diagnose the problem.

check just at the back of the battery there is a small fuse box with four maxi fues the cover will tell you which one is the e.f.i fuse that is a common fault on those

it tries to fire, but doesn't start

yes, the headlights work. i dont have any history of the car, apart from a MOT in January without any faults.

Not on a cinq. There is no fuse box behind the battery. Only the one main fuse on the +ve. On the sei there are a couple of fuses there, but iirc not the efi fuse. Thats over the other side, on the back of the ecu bracket, 10a.
Saying that tho, if the injector light is working then its a fair assumption that the ecu has power. Does the light stay on, or go out after a few seconds?

Last edited:
OK, try and start the car. When it doesn't start, remove a spark plug. Is it wet, is it dry.

If wet, we know that fuel is getting to the engine.
If dry, we know the problem is on the fuelling side.

If wet, lay the plug on top of the engine, get someone to try to start the engine while you look at the end of the plug. Is there a spark at the end?

Back