Technical HELP GRANDE PUNTO Denso Fan Motor VV73M 12v amper ?

Currently reading:
Technical HELP GRANDE PUNTO Denso Fan Motor VV73M 12v amper ?

KIRKOS VASILIS

GOOD MORNING I HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THE FAN MOTOR ON THE PASSENGERS SIDE ON MY GRANDE PUNTO ,
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MANY ampers IT SHOULD CONSUME ?
IT MELTS THE CABLES AND THE PLUGS, I HAVE CHANGED THE CABLES AND THE RESISTOR BUT IT KEEPS CAUSING ME TROUBLE ,IM GOING TO MEASURE THE ampers IT CONSUMES BUT I DONT KNOW HOW MANY IT SHOULD CONSUME SO PLEASE IF SOMEONE KNOWS HOW MANY IT SHOULD LET ME KNOW.
THANKS GUYS IN ADVANCE

Last edited:
You could have an internal short in the motor, likely as its been melting the wiring leading to it, that it may have melted insulation on the windings inside it.

I'd look at getting a new motor before doing anything else otherwise if you just keep getting the same issues you haven't ruled out the motor itself.

You could have an internal short in the motor, likely as its been melting the wiring leading to it, that it may have melted insulation on the windings inside it.

I'd look at getting a new motor before doing anything else otherwise if you just keep getting the same issues you haven't ruled out the motor itself.

the first time i noticed that smthing was wrong it was due the resistor ,the plugs was melted and the fun was not working properly it was workning on half speed and i couldnt adjust the speed,i went to fiat and they told me that the resistor on grande pundo are always defective (problematic) so they replaced that with a new one , e few days ago i smell smthing like cable was melting , ( the air condition was about at 10hours max workinkg since the resistor chanage) , i disambled yesterday the hole motor and i noticed that they have put used plugs which they have joined the cables with the plugs with electrical wire clamp without insulate it so the clamp was melted the cable was melted and the wires was turned green and some of them was cut. i checked the motor it was looking perfect like new , so i bought new cabled with plugs , i cleared the areas that was sufferd short circuit and i assembled the hole system, so i noticed that the hole system is fault from the manufacturer because they have put 40amps fuse which is right but the have put 4mm cables which is wrong because 4mm can hold 16amps , for 24,6amps fiat had to put 6mm wires , so i ll keep it like that till the next time and after the new problem comes ill go to an electrician and ill ask for the hole wiring change but not with the fiat original set , ill ask for 6mm wiring.

If the fuse is only for a fan why would it be 40 amp, a starter motor off the vehicle probably uses less than that.
I agree all wire and plugs that were damaged due to the heat should have been replaced by garage. Resistance =heat etc.

Back