General HELP!Fuel leak!Just bought my Stilo today!

Currently reading:
General HELP!Fuel leak!Just bought my Stilo today!

babyjae

Just bought my 1.6 Stilo today and I havea massive fuel leak.. Lost like nearly £30 worth of petrol :(

Does anyone know if the fuel tank is plastic? And how much they are?
Not sure if its a hose loose or if my tank has a crack or something..

Parking uphill it leaks, parking downhill it doesnt.. Do you think this sounds like a loose pipe or a crack? I think a pipe.. Im hoping!!!

HELP PLEASE.
Gutted I love my car and only just bought it today!!!
:'(

xXx

Look underneath the car and check exactly where its coming from.

It's pretty bad and I suggest not driving your car at all especially if it's petrol not diesel!

There are many gaskets and any could leak actually. The tank itself it not made of regular plastic of course but High density polyethylene (HDPE) and is not likely to rupture. Anyway, price on it is 636 GBP.

Any other gasket is much cheaper, of course. :)

Tank 1.jpgFuel Tank 2.jpg

Last edited:
Gordon do you have the link atall?

Im a girl.. I can do engine stuff, not stuff like that :S Hahah!
Getting my dad and the bloke I bought it off back over to look!

Hopefully its just a loose something or rather.
Sorted. Hopefully LOL

Thanks guys!

Can't really be the tank that's leaking because it's under the rear axle and for something to damage it you would need one heck of an impact.

It's most likely a seal of some sort and most likely a quick fix at a garage.

Was there a puddle of fuel underneath the car when you left it parked (just curious on how fast the fuel is leaking). How many hours have you left it parked? :)

I fixed it!!! :D
It was a tinyyy split in I think its called the breather pipe?? Hahaha typical bloody woman!
Anyway I swapped it over for a new one which took me ages to get hold of and its fine.. Its amazing how much I lost it was only sat there for not even an hour!
Oh well, sorted now!
Thanks guys

xXx

Back