General HELP Fiat 500

Currently reading:
General HELP Fiat 500

Mouzer

im keen to know the difference between the fiat 500 sport and the fiat 500 lounge pre 2012 model year anyone know

im keen to know the difference between the fiat 500 sport and the fiat 500 lounge pre 2012 model year anyone know

Specifications differ slightly between countries, but I would expect:

-Lounge has fixed glass roof, chrome strips under side windows
-Sport has a spoiler on the tailgate and aluminium plates on the door sills
-Sport has silvery-nylon and vinyl seats, Lounge has chequered cloth seats
-Sport has a perforated material on steering wheel and door trims/armrests
-Sport has 16" alloys and Lounge has 15" alloys - might look like the same multi spoke design
-Sport has clear upright numbers on speedo and rev counter, Lounge has a more retro radial look

I owned a 2010 Sport and for me the Sport felt like the more basic car, the Lounge felt better-quality, especially when the interior has colours other than grey. It depends whether having wheels an inch bigger means anything to you - I'd rather have the comfy seats :)

-Alex

Last edited:
Alex, I think the standard Sport alloys were 15 inch, as were the. Longe ones (but a rouind design rather than the Loungr's spoked one).

Thanks for the correction RobinPJ - I think this is one of those differences for the NZ market, as all Sports here came with 16" multi spokes in that time period :) I'm open to other corrections as well, just thought I'd kick things off with what I was aware of.

Seems to me that the Lounge offered better value - Lounge and Sport were both the same price, both had climate control and Blue&Me, but I feel the cosmetic changes on the Lounge suit the character of the 500 better and differentiate it from other small cars. Just my opinion having owned a Sport ;)

The current 500 range here is different. Now we also have Pop with 1.2 engine and steel wheels (cheaper than ever!) with aircon and Blue&Me, and we have S with the 1.4 engine (which otherwise looks like a bit like a Sport) and the 500C Lounge, 500C Lounge with Twinair - Twinair finally came to NZ this year! - and the Abarth.

We don't have, for example, a not-C Twinair Lounge - probably the model I'd choose :)

See http://fiat.co.nz/media/pdfs/Fiat Pricelist (incl Prof).pdf for the entire FIAT range available in NZ this year - 500 or Ducato, and one model of Scudo - that's it! :eek:

-Alex

Last edited:
Back