Technical Help! Engine Mgt Light on

Currently reading:
Technical Help! Engine Mgt Light on

Ok so my stilo 2.4 abarth has been ok till now, it has only suffered with slight kangaroo jump for few mins when cold, no big issue really.

So last under normal driving conditions the dash starts screaming at me and displaying engine control system failure. so i stop restart and it clears.
great on my way again, bing bing bing it happens again. This time on the motorway. so i come off the motorway and slow down.

Then when pulling off it judders like it is misfiring. Ok so now i'm thnking coil packs fair enuff so ne way ecu light is on constant and repeatedly warns me of eng sys fail when it misfires.

So today done the coil test and it resulted in not showing any signs of defect on any coil. hmmmm.

I'm in the process of changing the plugs on it but failing that, any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Hey thanks for the input.

Yeah a tried one of the readers but didn't seem to work right hmmm no detecting the interface hmmm.

But yeah got new spark plugs for her and yeah shes running like a dream now eng sys fail light out now too.

So alls good with the car...... for now lol

Thanks again

Hey thanks for the input.

Yeah a tried one of the readers but didn't seem to work right hmmm no detecting the interface hmmm.

But yeah got new spark plugs for her and yeah shes running like a dream now eng sys fail light out now too.

So alls good with the car...... for now lol

Thanks again

That's great news! The code reader you need has to support the KWP2000 protocol to work (y)

Back