Technical Help! condensation or hgf

Currently reading:
Technical Help! condensation or hgf

hi, been working on yoda (my green 899cc sx) for a couple of months now getting it ready, the only prob its had is a very slight intermitant miss fire (only once in a while) today i ran it up for 25 mins today and when i turned it off i decided to check the oil etc, took the filler cap off and found a little cream gunk in it, then i noticed the breather pipe has collapsed and there is a bit of gunk in that to. so first thought was head gasket. howether the oil in the sump is fine, no signs of gunk. it does not "pressure up" at all, or over heat. fan works etc, just the gunk in the cap and breather. could it be caused by condensation because of the collapsed breather? or is there anything else it could be? the oil in the cap has been fine up til now but today was pretty much the longest its been run since i got it. any help much apreciated(y)

i your coolant level going down?

in this cold damp weather if your breather isnt the best it could easily be that.

if your coolant isnt going down and isnt getting pressurized or contaminated i wouldnt worry tbh. swap the breather for a good one and keep a eye on it

cheers for the advice, i went out today and had a good look at it, cleaned the oil cap out. and ran it up the road, came back, no gunk in the cap, there was a tiny bit of water on the inseide of the cap but im convined its just condensation, no missfire today, ran like a sewing machine so i think i need to check the plugs and leads as i think one may be failing. my breather was collapsed so it was hardly breathing. decided to to a bit of creative fixing on it in the end. i figure since the rubber pipes always collapse i would chop it off. cut it about an inch from the larger pipe. then got myself a piece of the plastic fuel line, forced it through to the larger pipe. then put the other end on, so now the car has a better, stronger breather pipe.:slayer:

would highly reccomend that mod

Back