General Help: cheap discs / pads in London area

Currently reading:
General Help: cheap discs / pads in London area

CNP

Hi,

I am looking for a source of cinq front discs and pads preferably as a set either s/h or new located in London or nearby Kent / Essex (want to save on post by picking them up). Only been able to find mintex new, which are nice but too expensive. I have not been able to find anything decent s/h either. Tried local dealers and breakers and ebay. Any ideas?

TIA. Clive.

why not? its like buying a second hand car? cos the brakes on that would be second hand...

many many reasons.
for example taking the discs from one set up and fitting to another can have different loads on the brake surface,warping etc etc
were talking about the thing that helps you stop here beau,bravado is one thing but your and everyone else on the roads life depends on this.
i hope you never have to experience the joy of a brake disc shearing from a high speed brake.its not fun!

many many reasons.
for example taking the discs from one set up and fitting to another can have different loads on the brake surface,warping etc etc
were talking about the thing that helps you stop here beau,bravado is one thing but your and everyone else on the roads life depends on this.
i hope you never have to experience the joy of a brake disc shearing from a high speed brake.its not fun!

but as i said its like buying a second hand car? the brakes on that could be warped etc, but i bet you dont replace all the brakes on it until they are actually worn out or to upgrade.

but as i said its like buying a second hand car? the brakes on that could be warped etc, but i bet you dont replace all the brakes on it until they are actually worn out or to upgrade.
Oh and if they're on the car and the car has a MOT there's a half decent chance they're road legal. If someone broke the car you have no guarantees at all, people break cars cause they would cost to much to pass a MOT.

Let's see from the price list I have:
Brake pads, Front, Fiat, Seicento, 1108, OE quality: Set (of 4) £10.99 (+VAT)
Brake discs, Front, Fiat, Seicento, 1108/899, OE quality: Set (of 2) £18.99 (+VAT)
Personally I can't justify buying second user for the cost of £35

Hi,

I am looking for a source of cinq front discs and pads preferably as a set either s/h or new located in London or nearby Kent / Essex (want to save on post by picking them up). Only been able to find mintex new, which are nice but too expensive. I have not been able to find anything decent s/h either. Tried local dealers and breakers and ebay. Any ideas?

TIA. Clive.

How cheap do you expect them to be? They're 240mm un-vented correct? They're about the smallest and cheapest brakes on a Fiat. Don't believe me? Price up a set of pads and discs for a Coupe 20VT.

Back