Technical Hello

Currently reading:
Technical Hello

boardit13

Hello Fellow Forum Fellas
Just joined been looking at posts for a while, anyways have got a question of which there are many answers but the problem with my Multipla has evolved.
The red injector light has come on on the dashboard and the car now looser power and gains power as you drive randomly and constantly, its a pain but before I go replacing EGR valves and MAF sensors or throttle units has anybody had the very same symptoms.
Cheers
Rich

Excellent, I am going to blank off the EGR valve tonight hopefully just need to get a piece of flat plate today.
I thought I had cracked it the other day by disconecting the MAF, ran fine but after driving for about 25 minutes the problem raised its ugly head again so guess its not the MAF. Also disconnedted the vaccum pipe to the EGR after another 10 mins of driving this had no effect either.
Later in the day after the car had cooled down reconnected the EGR and took it for a spin (5 mins)seemed fine so reconnected the MAF, the problem started again straight away........
So in short the problem seems to reoccur even with the MAF disconnected when the car has been driven for a while.

i would start by blanking off the egr between the exhaust manifold and the valve itself, or at the end of the convoluted pipe where it joins the inlet manifold.

disconnect the MAF and drive it around for a bit, might black smoke for a while but stick with it.

then if its driving ok leave the egr blanked off and get a new MAF, probably best not to get a cheapy one off ebay or anything though, they seem to cause more aggro than theyre worth.

might also be worth tightening the terminals at the MAF connector when you fit the new one.

Hi
I had this problem before.In the passenger well at the front the middle seat is the connector block for your throttle potentiometer.This is notorious for causing this fault.Switch off the engine and pull it apart and reconnect it.If this clears it ,then do what i did and reconnect all the connections with bullet connectors.The block is on the floor where the middle seat is just to your left it is hidden by the floor well trim.i hope this helps
Regards
Paul:)

Back