Technical Multipla JDT MAF Sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Multipla JDT MAF Sensor

Stinker

Hi guys,
New to the forums (and Fiats), so excuse my newbishness!

I picked up a bargain yesterday (hopefully), a 2000 1.9 JDT which has cleared the last three MOTs at different places. It's due at the end of the month, hence it only cost £195. If it's a bum, I can scrap it and not lose out :)

Anyway, the car is fine, nice to drive etc and so far.. We like it :)

I have noticed that the power is lacking. I was going to try disconnecting the MAF sensor as I read on here, but I can't find it! I found a close-up of it's location, but if someone can show me where I'm supposed to be looking with the cover removed I'll be very grateful :) I've attached a pic of the engine compartment. Thanks :)
IMG_0021.jpg

Looks like you have a 105JTD - so don't expect a huge level of power to start with.
The MAF isn't in that image, the EGR valve is at 6 o Clock alright. I believe you can easily block this off, where the pipe meets the inlet manifold, without warning lights coming on.
The MAF is attached to the air filter on the pipe leading to the turbo. Apparently, if you disconnect this and there is a marked improvement, then this is the trouble maker, if no difference, then it is something else.
The problem is that there could be many reasons why it is lacking power.

Ah thanks Dave, I thought I was going insane when I couldn't find it. I don't need lots of power from it luckily. I drove a Peugeot 806 around for six months before a garage told me the air intake pipe to the turbo wasn't attached, and it gave a massive difference :p I'll try disconnecting the MAF sensor plug. I assume it's the one in clear view which attaches next to the filter box?

Back