Technical Multipla MAF sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Multipla MAF sensor

MultiplIain

Hi all, could do with some advice - I've changed the Airflow sensor unit on my 2003 Multipla 115JTD - Do I need to do anything in the ECU?
It's running like there's an intermittent fuel starvation problem, stuttering and cutting out at junctions occasionally.
I've blanked the EGR (on the right hand side of the housing as you look at it) with a solid blank plate as opposed to one with the small holes. Problem was still there so have replaced the MAF sensor, still having problems, with or without the sensor connected.

Do these things get Hayfever??

Any advice would be appreciated :)

thanks

Iain

What make is the new MAF? Is the same code/part number as the one it replaced? Have you tried driving the car with it completely disconnected?

The MAFs for the Multipla changed at some point in 2003. Later ones have some sort of feedback or monitoring for the ECU to use, which makes it a more expensive part than the earlier ones. Fitting an early one to a later car will give running problems.

Didn't check that, will have a look later though it runs badly with it electrically disconnected as well as connected.

cheers

Back