Hello from new member!

Currently reading:
Hello from new member!

W

Wayne Hickman

Hi guys,thought i'd say hello.
I've been a fiat nut for many years but my recent purchase of my broom yellow Bravo HGT 155 is my first foray into the world of front wheel drive cars believe it or not! I've been into the old school rwd 131s since time began and currently have an orange sport version tucked away in the garage. I think it's in the gallery on here from 2007 at Gayden.

I always thought if i was going to go modern i'd have a Bravo and after riding in two of my mates mareas with the 20valve engine in them,it would have to be an HGT!

I cant believe how well the car goes and handles to say its totally standard.I bet some of your modded beauties are unreal! I'm really impressed with my first 2 weeks of ownership! :)

There is one small problem i've got though,and thats trying to get hold of the air intake hose which fits between the air mass meter and the throttle body. Have any of you guys got one going spare or know where i can get one? The local main dealer says they're now an obsolete part. I've taped it up for now where it's split as a temperary fix to make it run right until i get another.
Are there any meetings left this year? Would be cool to meet up with you guys and share your modern knowledge with my tales of 70's fiat rust,weld-a-thons and rear wheel drive sideways action!
Cheers for now,
Wayne. :)

hi wayne and welcome,

try these guys there based in blackburn lancs and have a few 155 hgt's in 01254 589999

cheers ant

Cheers for that Ant,

I'll give them a bell in the morning.Blackburn's Not that far from me really. Be a good excuse to go out for a drive! :)

Welcome to Boo Wayne :)
I think i know what hose you mean,is a common problem i had to tape mine up too :D i got mine off a guy breaking a Marea on ebay ;)

Where are you btw? Im Blackpool,Ants Wigan.

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell..Its good to be different ;)
Now with Working steering wheel controls,
FC Performance chip
'Sorted' :)

Hi Mike,
Yeah it'll be the same pipe. I've just been told that the coupe 20v non turbo one might fit as well.Just emailed Rick at solo italia through ebay cos he's got an engine on there for sale and he said it was one of the first things to go.Typical! The guy at blackburn which Ant put me onto has'nt got one either.He said they're a common fault too.

I'm from Huddersfield so not that far from you.:)

A few from up that way :) Try ELFS East Lancs Fiat Spares 01942712715
Theyre good ive had few bits from them.

Welcome wayne... another HGT owner... there are a number of scrapyards in Bury... just off j2 on M66 PIMHOLE ROAD im upthat way next friday so i'll have a look for you... Im based Chorley\Preston

P010810_075601.jpg