Hello from America!

Currently reading:
Hello from America!

CrashOverride

My name is Brandon and I've placed the order for a new 500 sport. I walked in the door of a dealership in Texas and left with every intention of buying one. all that said im a bit of a purest when it comes to proper imports (any thing from Europe) I love the car but im not a big fan of everything US spec about it. The first thing I want to change is the wheels, I have chosen the 16" Multispoke alloys that came on the UK spec lounge. But i have no idea how I would "import" a set of wheels. I'm wandering if any one out there would have any thoughts on that?

Thanks!
Brandon

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-08-05 at 2.21.19 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-08-05 at 2.21.19 AM.png
    283.7 KB · Views: 39
Welcome to the forum :) A fan of "Hackers" I'm guessing? ;)
Impressed, I've used that name for years, and you are the first to call it! This is a good sign seeing I've been starved of good company on all the US forms (VW and Chevy). Im pleased to be here! This is the first Italian car I've have had the Pleasure of driving, and I couldn't get enough of it. Test drive took all night to the tune of 300miles :)

To adress the other comments, I was unable to convence the parts department that a 16" wheel exists in that configuration (Multispoke) :bang: So my next thought was ebay, whitch led me to UK Ebay, wich is awesome! I found exacly what I was looking for. But nothing I read explained trans continental shipments, witch leads me to think no such thing exists via Ebay? I think I may be left with a person to person transaction, God only knows how hard that could be! So here i am, up a river (in a far away place) with out a paddle. But it would be the first set of Multispoke's in the USA! although only i would care....:cool:

You'll find us all to be good company here :D Make sure you take a look around, and don't forget to post pictures up in Members Motors when you finally get hold of it (y)

Well, ebay is a essentially a person-to-person transaction and a lot of folk (rightly so) are generally unwilling to send abroad due to issues with non-paying Nigerians, etc.

I can't see the ones I think you want listed here but it might still be worth contacting them to see if they are still in stock (if you are willing to pay dealer prices) and how much shipping would be.

You might try looking at the (on line) demon tweeks catalogue and seeing if there's anything you like in there and either dealing with them or trying to deal with the manufacturer direct. (Might even get a discount if you knock up some headed paper and say you're assessing interest in the US!)

As with getting stuff from the US to here, most people/places will either accept PayPal or a stirling cheque (your bank should be able to arrange that, although it's help if they have branches in US and UK).

You might try looking at the (on line) demon tweeks catalogue and seeing if there's anything you like in there and either dealing with them or trying to deal with the manufacturer direct. (Might even get a discount if you knock up some headed paper and say you're assessing interest in the US!)

As with getting stuff from the US to here, most people/places will either accept PayPal or a stirling cheque (your bank should be able to arrange that, although it's help if they have branches in US and UK).
Good advice, I emailed Fiat of marylebone and i'm awaiting to here back... I would prefer to avoid dealer prices but im not sure I can avoid it, Im a little discouraged to not find the wheels on the Fiat site. My original post had the wheels Photoshoped on to what I wish my car will end up looking like. Im not sure what to call them? Ill post back what I here from Fiat.

Thanks for your help
Brandon

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-08-05 at 1.48.54 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-08-05 at 1.48.54 AM.png
    292.2 KB · Views: 22
Welcome American Cousin. You could have a look at Compomotive wheels who are based over here and have years of experience in both road car wheels and competition items so are absolutely top quality. As a matter of interest, they don't out-source so all wheels are made in the UK.

I think you've already looked at a UK dealer to supply them and that may well be the best route to go down as at least there won't be any language difficulties.

I didn't notice where in the US you live, but if you let me know which city or state you live in I'll try and get an idea of air freight costs from over here when I get into work on Wednesday.

In the meantime, look forward to seeing you hanging around the Forum in the near future.

Brandon, if all else fails, send me a PM. I'm an American in Belgium and might be able to find what you need. It would help a lot if you had the Fiat part number for the wheels as Fiat accessory and paint color names change from one country to another.

You know, that may be the only way to get them because I have had no luck geting any one overseas to take me seriously. Although today I was taking a close look at one of the accessory booklets I was given, and wouldn't you know it, I found a us spec car with the exact wheels im hunting for. I have no idea what this means but it gives me hope. I keep this thread updated. Thanks to all for your advice!!!

I looked at all the possibilities on the Fiat 500 USA website and did not see 16inch wheels at all, not standard and not optional on any version. They do have the Multispoke wheels, but they are only in the 15 inch size. I also looked at Fiat's Belgian site and it's the same. 16 inch wheels aren't listed for the 500 and 500C but they do mention other alloys (without giving any detailed information) are available as accessories. The 15 and 16 inch Multispoke wheels are an option at Fiat UK so they do exist. If you like, I can contact the garage I'm buying my Qubo from, get the local price and send it along to you and we'll go from there.

Looking at the 16" 16 spoke wheels on the picture you posted then I believe these are:

P/N:51852046 - WHEEL 6.5J x 16"
Price approx. £250 each
Weight 8840 grams each

Now this info is taken from the spare parts catalogue ePER, Ed.55a, May 2010

Buying parts this way is very expensive. You also have to buy the center/hub caps separately as well!

Looking at the UK website for 500 accessories then they do not list the 16" multispoke wheels so I guess for the UK they are factory fit or spare part only supply.

Last edited:
Looking at the 16" 16 spoke wheels on the picture you posted then I believe these are:

Price approx. £250 each
Weight 8840 grams each

Buying parts this way is very expensive. You also have to buy the center/hub caps separately as well!

Looking at the UK website for 500 accessories then they do not list the 16" multispoke wheels so I guess for the UK they are factory fit or spare part only supply.
CrashOverride...

Just for info, that's 1000 British Pounds or about 1630 American Dollars not including the center trims. Each one weighs about 9 kilograms or 22 pounds ready to ship. Now figure in the shipping costs plus the customs duty (about 10%) and it comes to over $2000 for the set. Is this really worth it? It might be a little cheaper to buy them here but the shipping costs may be a little higher.

Price approx. £250 each
Weight 8840 grams each

:worship: What an awesome resource, that is so much more than what i was expecting from my post. thanks a lot s130.
I'm happy to say my car is here and it proudly displays 1044 miles on the speedo. What a machine this car is, It is just a blast to drive around the back roads of Tennessee (my new home for 4 years wile at college) Im really impressed by the design of this little thing, It holds the road better than i ever thought a car with stock suspension could, that said I've ordered H&R's for it to adjust the stance :) This may be the funest car I've ever driven! Thanks for all the help.
Still on the hunt for wheels, but all the sudden I'm totally contempt with how this car sits as is(y)

Back