Hello everybody, newbe here ;-)

Currently reading:
Hello everybody, newbe here ;-)

Markevle

i'm marijn from the Netherlands and new here at this forum. My son has a punto mkll 2002 188A4000 1.2 lit engine with "some issues". Hoping to find some answers here. On wet days the body management computer goes banana's. When the car is parked, suddely the indicator lights start burning constantly (not flashing) draining the battery, and then the startblokking sign (yellow key) keeps on burning and the engine wont start. Also the fuel indicator stays low and de citylights won't work etc...
Sometimes when we dis / reconnect the battery it seems ok again but after a minute or so it happens all again. Sofar we have checked and cleaned all grounding points in the car, checked the cables and wiring for shortcircuits and corrosion but it seems ok. We checked the BCM solderings but no result Sofar.
We have also changed the BCM itself including the matching contactkey, then everything seems stable only we get no startpermission, i think further key programming is nessesary?
Does it ring a Bell.? Maybe has someone experience with this phenomena?

Thanks for your support and suggestions, Marijn

Hi and wilkommen :)

Before disturbing too wany wires..

Check the 'duckbill' drain tubes

If they are blocked rainwater can build up and get into strange places..
Good morning, this was one of the first things we checked, water ingress is always killing for electronics, but this car is very clean and dry. No signs of leakage at motorcompartement, under dashboard, or backsite lightunits, no corrosion visible at connectors etc.

Back