Technical Heater problem and unknown electrics on '89 Gran Finale

Currently reading:
Technical Heater problem and unknown electrics on '89 Gran Finale

MistyX19

Hi guys,

Lady in need of further advise is back. Sorry about this.

Got a couple of issues, so would welcome any advise or tips:

1. How do I remove the lever tips on the heater?
You know the stalks that come out of the unit so that you can adjust the heat etc. It appears they should pull off but these ones dont.

2. Where is the electric connection for the fan?

3. There is a loose block connector in the centre console with colours: 2 black, 2 red and yellow, 2 pink, 1 blue and brown. Any ideas what these are for?

4. I have water ingress in passenger foot well. Almost a small swimming pool. Any ideas where the entry point is?

Again many thanks for any help here. :)
Misty.

The tips of the heater control levers are just clipped on but it takes a bit of care to remove them. If you look closely you'll find that the sleeve of the tip is split in two and with some effort you can work it loose. The lever has two tabs that clip into the sleeve and you just have to get the sleeve clear of the tabs.

The leak is most likely either the windscreen, door glass or the scuttle area in front of the windscreen - there should be a drain on either side but these get blocked up and then the water sits in the scuttle and eventually rots through. If there is a hole it will need fixing of course but the more important job is to get the drain cleared - a straightened out wire coat hanger is ideal for poking down the drain to get any crud out!

Hi, I have seen a connector behind there for the aerial switch .. I recall colours being Pink, Red/yellow, Blue/Red, and Black. I dont use it tho.

As for water coming in where you mention, if you have checked and confirmed its NOT coming from above (check fusebox for damage), the most likey place is from behind the door cards, especially if you have had the cards off and removed the polythene covers from inside the door frame etc. Water comes down from the window, hits stuff and runs out between door card and frame, runs out the bottom, onto the carpet 'bertone' strips and into/onto the footwell.

Back