Headrest displays in Qubo - some questions...

Currently reading:
Headrest displays in Qubo - some questions...

QuboTastic

hi, my new soon to be installed headunit http://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/products/sph-da120

outputs video out for rear passengers... there is an RCA type port for this...

however I have two headrests that in an ideal world will have displays on them.

(note) audio for headrests will be played through car speakers - pretty much all the time unless any headrest display owning members wish to advise me otherwise? I'm guessing for annoying kids tv programs that will be on repeat you'd want headphones for bratty-kins? but i listen to everything the kids do anyway so...

1. do I get an RCA cable splitter in the Y shape?

2. do I get a video amplifier and plug out of headunit into it and then 2 video RCA cables from that into the 2 headrests?

Qubo headrests are smaller than range rover headrests so anyone got any suggestions on what displays to use? DVD player not wanted, just video in port for headunit video feed.

I've also seen actual displays that clamp onto headrest back but this seems a bit of a contraption and I'd like to be more discreet... although i realize the kids could have a bigger display if we went this route... they've been on plenty of economy long haul flights to know what they are getting into here so a 7" screen or possibly smaller wouldn't be the end of the world... unless of course the large clamp on displays could be kept in the boot until we had one of our long road trips?

thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Back