Technical Headlights not working !

Currently reading:
Technical Headlights not working !

Cinq96

Hi, Hopefully someone can help.

Early 1996 Cinq sporting, very low mileage, both headlights just stopped working ,both main beams & dips ,sidelights are ok .
When dip/flash lever is pulled ,main beams light up & blue dash light symbol appears.
Have checked all fuses & relays. Handbook mentions fuses for optional devices ,located on side of fusebox ,including a 7.5A for RHD headlight dim dip ,it's ok too.
Any ideas ?!
How is light switch removed if required without damaging anything ?

Cinq' doesn't have a CANBUS so it's got to be a regular hardware issue.

If the sidelights are working then some of the switch must be okay. I don't know if the halogen bulb is powered on a different circuit but it's "interesting" that the sidelights are still there. If the fuses are good, then I can't think what else the issue could be, so the switch is a good idea to check out.

Ralf S.

Thanks for your input. How is the light switch removed without causing any damage?

From memory (last time I looked was about 10 years ago)... I think the switch simply press-clips into a hole in the little shelf doodah so you have to get behind it from underneath (if I remember correctly the back of the switch is exposed) and compress a couple of tabs on the top and bottom and it just comes out (towards you, "into" the car).

Ralf S.

From memory (last time I looked was about 10 years ago)... I think the switch simply press-clips into a hole in the little shelf doodah so you have to get behind it from underneath (if I remember correctly the back of the switch is exposed) and compress a couple of tabs on the top and bottom and it just comes out (towards you, "into" the car).

Ralf S.
Thanks for that info, as it happens the headlights started working again last evening after giving the switch a sharp tap of my finger, so definitely switch related !

Back