Technical Headlights and windshield wipers turn on by themselves

Currently reading:
Technical Headlights and windshield wipers turn on by themselves

ovejan

Headlights and windshield wipers turn on even when the car is stopped and locked. Does anyone know what is wrong and have a solution to the problem? 2010 Mod 2,0 Multijet.

Headlights and windshield wipers turn on even when the car is stopped and locked. Does anyone know what is wrong and have a solution to the problem? 2010 Mod 2,0 Multijet.
If you find out let me know got same problem on a 2009

I had this happen twice on my 2012, but it has only happened after the van was outside in rain. It has been in the rain with no ill effects as well.

I am thinking water is getting in under the bonnet somehow and, depending on how the van is parked, affecting the electrics.

I have had one auto electrician look at it, but as the problem was not occurring at that time, he had no answer.

The problem has occurred again (more rain). This time I disconnected the headlights and wipers. All seemed OK until the starter motor started running with the car off and key out.

I am completely baffled.

A lot of new cars have the body control module in the engine bay, and common to get weird problems when water gets into it.

Back