General Headlight Upgrade

Currently reading:
General Headlight Upgrade

Myrddin

Just over a year ago, I purchased a new 500e and for the most part, I’m pleased to say the car has exceeded my original expectations. However, the one area I do find disappointing is the overall brightness level of the headlights. This becomes particularly frustrating when I’m driving in bad weather, or poor visibility, on a road I’ve not been on before. And whilst main beam is acceptable, it becomes really challenging when I have to switch to dipped because of oncoming traffic. So when I recently took the car to my local Fiat dealership for its first service, I asked if any upgrades where available to improve the light-level of the headlights, and was told by the technician working on the car that Philips White Version Ultra H7 would improve matters. Although I’ve been online and read some general reviews of these lights, I’d welcome any feedback/opinion/comments, etc from members of this forum who’ve actually experienced these (or similar) lights.

Indeed, the standard halogens are pretty poor. Replacement H19 bulbs are like hens' teeth let alone trying to find upgraded ones. There are LED kits but they're not legal for use on UK roads.
Thanks, 'Gazz Bee', for your reply....unfortunately, it looks like I'm condemned to keeping the original halogens!!