Technical Headlight pointing towards the floor

Currently reading:
Technical Headlight pointing towards the floor

Evil Marea

Hope any of you can help me please.

I had a knock on my front wing a while back. Managed to fix the wing, but now I have the trouble where the drivers side headlight points towards the floor.

For ages I thought it was just the headlight placement, but recently (just now) I have found it is the guts of the unit. When I use the knob on the inside of the car to move the lights up and down, I can hear the motor working but the light itself stays pointing down.

I have got the unit in my hands but it seems pretty sealed. Thinking about taking the glass front off but do not want to brake the seal unless I have to.

Any suggestions on what it could be and how I can actually get into the unit?

I dont know exactly how to fix it but In pretty sure you dont need to take the glass off the front. There must be some connection between the the headlight and the motor and the bump must have dislodged it. Have you tried using the search theres sure to be some info there.

Well I have just gone a screwed it up big time. Now banging my head against a brick wall. Thought I try and take the glass off (wish I read the thread above first) yes and you guessed it :bang::bang::bang: CRACK!!!!

Looks like a new unit anyway.

Anybody got a spare they want to sell or know anywhere I can get one from ( apart from ebay as they are £50 each second hand)

Its the driver side.

which type of light is it i have got an offside one £25 including postage if it the right type

Hope any of you can help me please.

I had a knock on my front wing a while back. Managed to fix the wing, but now I have the trouble where the drivers side headlight points towards the floor.

For ages I thought it was just the headlight placement, but recently (just now) I have found it is the guts of the unit. When I use the knob on the inside of the car to move the lights up and down, I can hear the motor working but the light itself stays pointing down.

I have got the unit in my hands but it seems pretty sealed. Thinking about taking the glass front off but do not want to brake the seal unless I have to.

Any suggestions on what it could be and how I can actually get into the unit?

Bit late now i know but it sounds to me that either the headlamp motor isn't attached correctly or the manual adjuster has broke off inside the lamp. But my first suspect would be the motor as it clearly didn't move the light. The solution would of been to detach the motor from the rear of the light and carefully clip it back in. No need to remove the light.

which type of light is it i have got an offside one £25 including postage if it the right type

Not to sure how to find out which type I have, but I will find out thanks :) BTW I am also in East Anglia ( Kings Lynn to be precise ) maybe to save package I could pick it up from you?

Bit late now i know but it sounds to me that either the headlamp motor isn't attached correctly or the manual adjuster has broke off inside the lamp. But my first suspect would be the motor as it clearly didn't move the light. The solution would of been to detach the motor from the rear of the light and carefully clip it back in. No need to remove the light.

When I took the motor off, the white bit it attach's to was stuck and could not be moved back. This is why I thought I had to work deeper, but could not get anywhere close from the back.

Back