Technical Headlight buzzing?

Currently reading:
Technical Headlight buzzing?

ElkyElky

My driver side headlight started making a loud buzzing noise, so upon investigation, I noticed that the covering behind the headlights weren't on properly for both headlights.

Took my car to the garage to get them to put the covers back on (I couldn't because my hands wouldn't fit in the tight area) and also mentioned the buzzing to them. They said that my bulbs for both sides were upside down so they corrected that (The highly trained staff at Halfords changed my bulbs!) and there was a loose wire in the drivers side headlight.

They said the buzzing noise was normal and it was only made louder because the covers had came off even though I had never heard it before. After I got my car back, I still continued to hear the buzzing but no where near as loud as it was. They said that the light has some transistors or something inside which is the cause of the buzzing and is completely normal.

After searching the problem on this forum, it appears several other people had a buzzing problem and it turned out to be a motor of somesort inside the light. Should I get a second opinion or leave it as is?

Last edited:
The motors often buzz while they are adjusting the headlamps but if yours is buzzing permanently it will need replacing.

If you have normal filament bulbs and not original HID Xenon burners, there's a thread on here somewhere that gives the part number of the motor from Ford or Volkswagen. The motor is the same but the price for it is cheaper than from Fiat.

The motors often buzz while they are adjusting the headlamps but if yours is buzzing permanently it will need replacing.

If you have normal filament bulbs and not original HID Xenon burners, there's a thread on here somewhere that gives the part number of the motor from Ford or Volkswagen. The motor is the same but the price for it is cheaper than from Fiat.

Thanks. Is it something I would need to replace immediately, for the MOT for example, or would it be ok as long as I don't need to adjust the level?

They said that my bulbs for both sides were upside down so they corrected that (The highly trained staff at Halfords changed my bulbs!) and there was a loose wire in the drivers side headlight.

Don't expect too much from people. The chief of the county FIAT garage (workshop master or whatever you call it) put my bulb upside down. It is a little miracle, as you need magic to make it fit outside the 3 notches in the lamp. I got blinket at several times on my way home, and noticed it in the first tunnel.

He also mounted my trailerhook's 13 wires mirrored.

Retard. :bang:

Never been in that garage since...

M.

I had some free time to try and solve this problem myself. I unscrewed the windscreen washer bottle and shoved that out of the way, which gave me plenty of space to get into the driver side headlight.

After fiddling around with the motor, it wouldn't come out and it made the buzzing noise ever so much louder. I disconnected the motor and it stopped. I don't usually adjust my headlights so it's something I can live without.

I had some free time to try and solve this problem myself. I unscrewed the windscreen washer bottle and shoved that out of the way, which gave me plenty of space to get into the driver side headlight.

After fiddling around with the motor, it wouldn't come out and it made the buzzing noise ever so much louder. I disconnected the motor and it stopped. I don't usually adjust my headlights so it's something I can live without.

You should get that repaired, as apparently it will fail the M.O.T otherwise.

I'm getting mine fixed tomorrow as the brakes need replacing.

You should get that repaired, as apparently it will fail the M.O.T otherwise.

I'm getting mine fixed tomorrow as the brakes need replacing.

I wasn't aware that it would affect the MOT, I'll get it done just before mines is due. This is just a temp measure to stop the loud buzzing and stop people staring.

I wasn't aware that it would affect the MOT, I'll get it done just before mines is due. This is just a temp measure to stop the loud buzzing and stop people staring.

It doesnt affect MOT. Mine buzzes as the adjuster cant 'adjust' properly and sailed through MOT. I say 'sailed' its a Stilo, lets be honest it didnt sail.

Few advisories, none of which were the headlight.

It doesnt affect MOT. Mine buzzes as the adjuster cant 'adjust' properly and sailed through MOT. I say 'sailed' its a Stilo, lets be honest it didnt sail.

Few advisories, none of which were the headlight.

Oh - I was aware that it failed.

Sorry for getting that wrong.. Still going to get it repaired mind..

Back